Friday, April 4, 2008

Hiawassee

Well, my hiking partner, Hatchet (so named because he carries a hatchet), has convinced me to stop for a zero day here in Hiawassee, GA. Got us a motel, even. It's pretty nice, actually... I'm showered, and have a few beers in me, and life is generally good. About to head down to the all-you-can-eat chinese restaurant, can't wait. I'm pretty happy about the fact that all the people we started hiking with are still in it, and are pretty much just behind us. There's all kinds of cool people out here; one group had so much food they were giving it away (already cooked!) to kill weight, and one of them is a damn fine harmonica player. There's also a girl with a half-size guitar, we've had some jam sessions up in these mountains so far! Every day I meet some cool people, and that's been one of the best parts so far. Even though the fog and rain haven't let up for more than a day so far, I'm having a great time. My body is beginning to adjust to the rigors, though I may have a stress fracture in my right foot...I have no way of knowing but it does tend to hurt. Well, stomach is growling, gonna head out. Hope everyone back home is doing well, I'll try to update again soon.
-Moccasin

1 comment:

Megs said...

YAY Brandon!!! I am so excited for you! Please be careful though ok? Im your big sister and worrying about you COMES WITH THE BIRTH ORDER....haha now you cant yell or blame me! ;o)
I got your postcard today and it MADE ME SOOOOOOOOOOO happy!!!! Thank you for writing! I love you so much! Im really happy for you, you are so amazing for doing this!! I couldnt be prouder to have you as my baby bro, oh I'd better stop before I start crying! ;o)
Dont forget to call me too sometime, ok?
XOXO
~Meg